Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2012

Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl

Fantastic Mr. Fox was a GREAT book. It took me around 2 months to finish it. In the beginning it was pretty hard and then after a few chapters it got very easy. I read it aloud to my Mama.

The story was about a fox and his 4 small foxes and the mother fox and 3 unearthly, terrible farmers. Boggis was a chicken farmer and he ate "3 boiled chickens smothered in dumplings every day for breakfast, lunch and supper".  Bunce was a duck and goose farmer and his food was goose livers and doughnuts. Bean was a turkey and apple farmer. He never ever will eat food and he will only drink cider.

I think the best part was when Mr. Fox was down in the cellar of Bean's house when Beans' wife came down the cellar stairs and almost found the foxes. The foxes were taking 3 bottles of cider to go in the big feast. They had already got a few of Boggis' chickens and bacon and carrots from Bunces' property. They did not get caught and it was pretty scary for him but for me it was pretty funny.

I like that at the end of the book Boggis, Bunce and Bean were still at the foxes' hole waiting for the fox to starve to death "and so far as I know, they are still waiting".

I read the first page right off the book and the contents page and the front cover. And I read the book almost to pieces. I have been really looking forward to the movie of Fantastic Mr. Fox; I get to see it tonight.

If there is any kids in your family you should let your kids read it to you. And kids will love it just like I love it. Oh, and I forgot one thing: near the beginning the fox's tail got shot off and maybe it will be a bit sad if your kids read it to you. It didn't make me sad at all because it is just fake - it is not real.

by Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment