Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

This is the story about The Cat in The Hat by Anna

This is my favorite book. I just finished it yesterday. It has 61 pages. I read it out loud to my mother.  And it is the biggest book I have ever read.

I love how the cat lies. I like the most about how the cat lies about falling. He said "I can hold more, oh I can hold more" and then he fell on his head with a BUMP!

The little girl and boy they saw all the things fall. And the little fish said "No, no, that cat should not be here - make that cat leave, tell him that you don't want to play!"

And then the fish said "You bent our new rake, you sank our new ship in the cake, you spilled our milk!" and then the cat ran out of the house and then as fast as a fox he was holding a red box and as fast as a fox he came in the house.

He got up on the red box, with the tip of his hat, and then he said "take a look for yourself" and then he picked the hook and then Thing Number One and Thing Number Two they both ran to the little girl and boy and they said "would you like to shake hands with me?"

And then Sally and I we did not know what to say. So they had to shake hands with Thing One and Thing Two. And I would not like to shake hands with them. If I were the little boy I would just make that Cat in the Hat leave.

So they got out our kites and they bumped them on the wall. Ran down the hall. Bumped everything off the wall. They messed every single thing up. They ran in mothers bedroom and they got out mothers gown with red, white and pink spots on it. And they flew the kites all around.

(I just got a new kite and my sister Claire, she got one too. At the beach we flew them around but one time I let go of my kite so it flew in the swamp. I got it back by Mama getting it. It stayed up in the air all the time at RISD beach - oh yes, it did!)

And then the fish said "I see our mother, she is very close, I see her right now!" And then he fell out of the pot. And the fish said "We have to do something - what if mother comes and sees a MESS on the ground!"

And then he ran as fast as he could to get the net so he could catch those Things Number One and Thing Number Two. 

With a plop he caught them at last.

And then the cat came out carrying the red box and then he came back in with a machine what cleans up everything they mess up. 

We need a machine like that Cat in the Hat (I think he made it). We need it because we just play around and make a mess in the girls room and we have to clean it up but it is hard to clean messes up.

You should read The Cat in The Hat.

The End
by Anna 



No comments:

Post a Comment